Wednesday, May 21, 2014

MILESTONE: Author R. Mac Wheeler

I'd like to acknowledge a fellow writer and blogger-friend for reaching a monumental milestone: publishing his 24th novel! I hope you'll visit his blog where he posts his photography, and give him a congratulations…or visit his home page and peruse his titles…read an excerpt...and help him celebrate.

Mac has written novels across several genres, including 2 contemporary, 6 speculative, 5 paranormal, 4 science fiction, and 7 fantasy.


About Book #24
This volume of the NEW ORDER APOCALYPSE series continues thirty-three years after an engineered plague shredded Earth's population.

Chloe and Ginna Lee must decide whether to continue Jason's dream to unite survivors, or concentrate on surviving. Chloe hasn't the tact to play ambassador, and Ginna Lee is more likely to take heads than spread goodwill. Promises little hope they can build an alliance, especially if peace hinges on a cure for Jihad. Meanwhile, the landscape they must cross still writhes with roamers and desperate clans.

Mac spins tales around rich, gritty characters with a lot of baggage, and puts them through a bit more grief than they can handle. His tone leans toward the sarcastic, passive aggressive.

Please visit Mac at:
http://rmacwheeler.com/
http://rmacwheeler.blogspot.com/


YOUR TURN
How many genres have YOU written in? (I've done 3 or 4)
How many novels total have you written—published and/or unpublished?
Have you visited Mac's blog before, and checked out his southern-style scenic photos?



22 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Mac; that's some accomplishment! (He's got quite the ride, too.^_^ ) I write in pretty much the same genre: magical realism with a touch of light fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of books! Congrats to Mac :) I've written 7 plus book 1 and part of 2 of a trilogy. My genres are scifi, fantasy, YA, and Historical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're going strong too. Kudos L)

      Delete
  3. Congrats to Mac! Twenty-four novels is quite the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty-four novels? That's impressive! I've written in two: picture books and MG chapter books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Two. That's more than 340 million other Americans ;O)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to Mac! Twenty-four novels is quite something...he must be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twenty four novels is amazing. Congrats to Mac. I've definitely seen him around and heard of him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for MAC!!! He knows his stuff too. Seriously.

    I've written about 10 different genres and dabbled in a couple others. I've finished 9 books, and written at least 20 or 30 short stories, with a good 20 or 30 others sitting in the wings begging to be written. One novel published. 6 short stories published. 2 poems published. I look forward to one day reaching Mac's epicness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite impressive!! I wonder when I'll hit a couple dozen novels - I've a long ways to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've written: Dystopian, apocalyptic, historical romance, contemporary romance, epic and urban fantasy, sci fi, YA, NA, Adult.... Pretty much anything that strikes my fancy. :-D

    I've completed seven rough drafts and have six in progress.

    Yes, I enjoy checking out Mac's pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 24 novels! I only reach that number if you can't all the drafts that have never seen the light of editing, and somehow I think that doesn't count :-)
    As for genres, hmm... Mostly MG/YA and historical romance. I've got a couple of ideas for dystopians, but haven't started them yet.
    I wrote this wee SF vignette many years ago: https://twitter.com/DenizBevan/status/448514100302446592

    ReplyDelete
  11. 24 novels is mighty fine!
    I stick mainly to the speculative genre, but that covers a lot of sub-genres ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.