Thursday, May 8, 2014

Release Party! Michelle Merrill's CHANGING FATE

Today I'm excited to be a part of Michelle Merrill's release party for her latest novel, CHANGING FATE. The book aims to raise an awareness of cystic fibrosis; half the proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!!! Not only that, this book will be featured for just $2.99 for all of May to celebrate CF Awareness Month. 

CHANGING FATE
All Kate wants is to live. Battling cystic fibrosis is hard enough; dying from it is even harder. When her mom moves them closer to the hospital in the middle of her senior year, Kate’s determined to isolate herself—saving everyone the trouble of befriending a dying girl. It’s a difficult task when cheerful optimist Giana insists on being Kate’s friend.

Kate’s resolve falters even more when curly-haired Kyler captivates her with his sweet melodies. As her emotional walls collapse, Kate realizes the people she’s been pushing away may be the ones giving her a reason to live. But it might be too late.

GIVEAWAY!
Want to win a free copy? Visit each participating blog and find all 16 key phrases—2 located in each fun fact section about the author (words are in bold print). Put them together and answer the question in the giveaway on Michelle’s blog for extra points! The giveaway is open to everyone no matter where you live!

THE BLOG TOUR:
Michelle Merrill (1 & 2)      
Carol Riggs (3 & 4)          
Shallee McArthur (5 & 6)  
Kelley Hicken (7 & 8)            
Annette Larsen (9 & 10)              
Rachel Pudelek (11 & 12)                  
Melanie Stanford (13 & 14)            
Chantele Sedgwick (15 & 16)

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michelle Merrill loves kissing her hubby, snuggling her kids, eating candy, reading books, and writing first drafts. She names her computers after favorite fictional characters and fictional characters after favorite names. To learn more about her, visit her website HERE.  

View the CHANGING FATE trailer on youtube HERE!  

2 FUN FACTS about Michelle!
#3. This book is the 6th out of my total 7 written. First one published and nothing like I’ve ever written before. I’m a bit of a hypochondriac and avoid anything medical. That word alone makes me cringe. Also, I don’t like sad stories. Yes, spoiler…this one is a bit sad. If I shed one tear, I get the absolute worst headache. But I was inspired to write this story and I feel lucky to be involved in something so great!

#4. I played softball for 8 years. You’d never know that now, but it’s true. Slow pitch. My favorite position was second base. I still go back to the batting cages every once in a while just for fun…as much fun as it is to get schooled by a machine.

PURCHASE LINK: Amazon

YOUR TURN
--Do you know much about cystic fibrosis? (I hadn't, before I read the book.)
--How much of your reading involves contemporary novels, as opposed to fantasy, historical, mystery, sci-fi, etc? (I'd say mine is about 10%, one in 10 books that I read.)
--Isn't Michelle's author photo lovely?!

17 comments:

  1. HI, Carol,

    CONGRATS to Michelle.... What a terrific way to show awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.

    Sounds like such a heart wrenching story...

    Yes! Michelle's pic is AWESOME!

    ALL the bed for lots of sales....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping me celebrate on this awesome day, Carol! And thank you Michael for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Michelle.
    And yes, that author pic is one of the better author pics I've seen (along with yours, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the picture praise Lynda! My photographer did an excellent job :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Michelle. That's one intense story line with the main character not wanting to befriend others because of her condition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to raise awareness on such a dreadful disease. I'll go and grab my Kindle right away. Congratulations to Michelle; her author photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria. I really do hope to raise awareness!

      Delete
  6. I don't read much contemporary either but this sounds like a great story. Congratulations to Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love contemporary, and since The Fault in our Stars has been such a HUGE hit with teens, I hope a story like this will be well accepted to. The cover is very poignant.
    Congratulations Michelle for writing this book, and thank you Carol for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read and love contemporary and this sounds like a great story. Congratulations to Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac too, but I blame that on having grown up with a father and grandfather who are doctors. Um also not a big fan of sad stories, but I do enjoy them when I'm left thinking. As long as the sadness has a real purpose, and not just to rip at readers hearts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm late to the party, but so happy I stopped by to visit Carol's blog. Congratulations on your book release, Michelle! I'm definitely getting a copy and adding it to my reading list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.